Slimming World Chorizo in a Tomato and Pepper Sauce
I have really been getting into cooking recently and since a couple of my friends have joined Slimming World we have been sharing recipes. I do not follow Slimming World as I am not patient enough to count syns, but my diet involves eating plenty of fruit and vegetables so many of the Slimming World recipes offer really tasty ideas but most importantly they are really quick and easy to make.
This recipe for Chorizo in a Tomato and Pepper sauce is a great option if you are wondering what you should have for dinner tonight and you want something quick and easy. It is really versatile as you can add whatever superfree foods you like to the sauce.
Recipe for Slimming World Chorizo in a Tomato and Pepper Sauce (Serves 2)
2 Small Onions chopped
3 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
Chorizo sliced (be sure to select a Chorizo with the lowest possible fat content if counting syns)
Chopped Tomatoes 400g
A pinch of smoked paprika
4 Mushrooms sliced
1 Red Pepper
200g Red Kidney Beans
You could also add or substitute with as many superfree vegetables or beans that you like. For example, aubergines, baked beans, etc.
1. Gently heat the chopped onions and garlic in a frying pan for a couple of minutes. You can add fry light spray if you usually do this but I find that it is not necessary if you have a good quality non-stick pan
2. Add the chopped chorizo
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and then heat gently for a couple of minutes
4. Add the mushrooms, red pepper, courgette, kidney beans and smoked paprika
5. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened up and the vegetables have cooked through
6. Great served on its own or you could opt to have a smaller portion with a jacket potato, rice or pasta
Love Laurashopaholic xx