Southampton Boat Show: Outfit of the Day

This week sees the annual Boat Show return to Southampton so I thought I would share with you my outfit of the day.  You can read my full review of the PSPSouthampton Boat Show preview day which features my favourite boats from the show including the Sunseeker 86 Yacht which was debuted at this year’s event and was nothing short of truly exquisite.  It really was the epitome of sheer exclusivity and luxury which you wouldn't doubt considering it has a price tag of over £4m!


I thought that dressing for the Southampton Boat Show would be a doddle as waking up it was a crisp, sunny September morning.  However, it did turn out to be a glorious very warm day so I was glad that I didn’t layer up too much for my outfit of the day.  I have been starting to purchase my Autumn/Winter essentials for my wardrobe and this Camel Coloured Rib Sweater from Topshop was one of them.  I do love a cosy, chunky, oversized, casual knit for winter and the colour of this is perfect, ticking all of the boxes.  We went out on a complementary rib ride courtesy of Suzuki Marine so wearing a warm jumper was a good choice.



I wanted my look of the day for the Boat Show to be really casual, laid back and comfortable so I opted for my new Topshop Ripped Jamie Jeans which I am literally in love with.  Those of you who a regulars reading Laurashopaholic will know that I am somewhat obsessed Topshop denim and these Ripped Jamie Jeans are my latest addition to the collection.  Ripped denim is all over the high street at the moment and gives a really cool twist to your jeans.  I wasn’t sure whether I would be a fan of ripped denim, but then when I saw my favourite fitting Topshop Jamie Jeans with a simple ripped knee I thought that I would give them a whirl.  Jamie Jeans from Topshop are my pick for denim as they are a high waisted, skinny fit and I love the classic wash of this ripped pair.

Seeing as we were lucky enough for the sun to be out for the Southampton Boat Show I wanted to get some more wear out of my Topshop Keepsake Boots.  I am literally dreading having to put these away for the winter until next Spring as they have been such a great footwear investment purchase this year.









Clean Rib V Sweater Topshop £38
Keepsake Boots Topshop (sold out)
Grey Layering Vest H&M (old)
Aviator Sunglasses H&M (old)

If you have never been to the Southampton Boat Show I would definitely recommend it as a great day out for all the family.  Don’t forget to have a read of my review of the PSP Southampton Boat Show preview day which includes lots of photos.

What do you think of my OOTD for the Southampton Boat Show?
Have you been to the Southampton Boat Show?
Have you started to purchase your AW14 wardrobe?


Love Laurashopaholic xx

Comments

Popular Posts