MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation Review

Today I thought I would do a review of one of my favourite foundations, MAC's Studio Fix Fluid Foundation.  Foundation is the one item in a girls beauty bag that she must ensure she gets right.  A shade too light and you end up looking like Caspar the Friendly Ghost, a shade too dark and you end up looking as if you have been tangoed.

I have to say that I have never been that adventurous when it comes to foundations.  I tend to stick to foundations that work well for me and not branch away from them.  In my beauty bag currently I have three foundations. One for basic everyday work use, one for evening wear and weekends and one for special occasions.  Estee Lauder Double Wear which is my go-to foundation when I need all day coverage for a special occasion. Double wear achieves this really well as it is a very thick foundation but this means that is not really suitable for everyday wear.  My basic everyday foundation is L'Oreal Infallible which gives a great even, long lasting base. I wear this foundation everyday as it is not too heavy but still gives good coverage.  MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation is therefore my evening and weekend choice.




MAC Foundation Pump £4.00



MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation is priced at £21.50 which is more of a high end price point but worth the investment in my opinion.  I would recommend visiting one of the MAC counters in Selfridges or one of the other department stores so that they can advise as to the correct shade for your skin tone.  Failing to select the correct shade could lead to shocking results!

If you have never purchased a MAC Fluid Foundation before then you need to make sure that you purchase the pump for easy application.  It is an additional £4.00 but once you have purchased it then providing you clean it regularly then you do not need to buy it again.  It is not essential that you purchase the pump, particularly when you have paid £21.50 for a foundation you do feel slightly miffed at having to fork out for it.  However, I find that that pump aids application as it dispenses the correct amount of liquid and actually means you waste less product because you do not need to dip or pour.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation is described on the MAC Website as 'combining a natural matte finish and medium buildable coverage.'  This description is actually really accurate as the finish is matte, even more so than the L'Oreal Infallible Foundation and the finish stays matte throughout the day or evening.  In terms of medium buildable coverage, again this is true as it is not as thick as Estee Lauder Double Wear but you can create more coverage by working the product with your sponge. brush or even just fingers to give the finish that you require.

My skin is quite blotchy at the moment and MAC Studio Fix Foundation does cover imperfections, but I did still require concealer under my eyes and on any red patches which is pretty much the same whatever foundation you use I find.

Now I am by no means a beauty expert or professional, just a normal girl giving advice about my experiences with products.  I personally love to read reviews of products and hear other people's recommendations before trying something new. So hopefully you found this review useful to you.  If you did, then you may also like to read my Clinique 3 Step Review or watch my Beauty Favourites Video

What are your favourite foundations?
Do you use any MAC Foundations?

Love Laurashopaholic xx

Comments

Popular Posts